Translate

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sewing

With classes, work, internships and club involvement college students don’t often find the time to learn a new skill, but Michigan State University student Emma McGinn is doing just that.

“Weeks get stressful for sure,” said McGinn, “but I’ve always been interested in sewing. I took a class when I was younger and loved it so I want to work on doing it better at this point.”

McGinn is a second-year English and Spanish duel major in the MSU honors college. Additionally, she said she juggles a job 5 days of the week at MSU’s main library and an internship with the Canadian-based magazine, The Genteel.

McGinn said she came to her friend’s house to receive sewing lessons from the friend’s mother, Jasmina Dzomba.

Jasmina Dzomba is the mother of MSU student Amra Dzomba and holds a bachelors degree in apparel textile design from Skola za Dizajn in Sarajevo, Bosnia.
“I am excited to teach something I love,” said Dzomba. “Let’s see how it goes.”



Stay updated on the event on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment